I have been nominated for The Liebster Award by The Migrant Expats (Derek and Marc). Thank you so much!
I didn’t know what The Liebster Award was until I was nominated. I don’t know how thats’s possible since almost everyone is doing by the look of it. It is a sort of chain-mail type thing for bloggers who ask the 5 people they have nominated 11 different questions.
1. Traveling isn’t just about seeing things and eating. How do you experience and learn about other cultures while traveling?
Go on a walking tour of the city. Many of the major cities I went to had free walking tours. My favourite was the one in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Usually the tour guide is from the country and can tell you so many unique things about the city, the best restaurants, etc.
2. What is your worst flying experience?
I was flying from Toronto back to London last Christmas. Of course, it was -30 and an awful snow storm was happening that night, because it is Canada and all. After the flight being delayed 4 hours to start with because of weather, and then another 4 hours because of two medical emergencies while taxiing (thankfully we hadn’t taken off yet), we finally took off and thought that we were on are way. Wrong. Turns out because of all the previous delays the crew were not legally allowed to work any longer so we had to land in Montreal. That delayed us another 4 hours while we waited for the new crew to come to the airport. Thankfully, they had Caramilk bars and frozen muffins for us to snack on.
3. What is the coolest animal you’ve seen in the wild?
It’s not really a cool animal, but it was really cool to see a herd of deer in Richmond Park in London. Who would have thought there would be so many deer in London?
4. What was your worst injury abroad?
I have been so lucky and thankfully have never had any injuries abroad! Maybe like stubbing my toe or something, but never anything major.
5. How many countries have you visited thus far?
11, not including the one I live in, but give me a break I’m new to this. I’ve only really been interested in travel for a little over a year now.
6. What is your best kept secret?
It’s a secret. 😉
7. What country do you absolutely never want to go back to?
Slovakia. Don’t get me wrong, I did enjoy it when I was in Bratislava, but I think once was enough. It didn’t really seem all that special to me. It was a great starting place to see central Europe though!
8. What was your most expensive trip?
Other than moving to London for a year, my trip to Bergen Norway. It’s expensive there!
9. What’s the hardest part about blogging?
Being such a new blogger, I think there are many hard parts but the one I am facing a lot at the moment is thinking of something to write about when I am not traveling.
10. Why do you blog?
Because I love it! I must admit, I know I’m not the best writer but I love writing and sharing my travels. I think it will be a great thing to look back at in a few years.
11. Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
No idea. Hopefully traveling, on a homestead or both!
- Home Behind The World Ahead
- Anna Idler Writes
- The Little Blog of Adventure
- Joanne Brookfield Village
- Madison’s Avenue
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and include a link to their blog
- Provide answers to the eleven questions from that person
- Give nominations to other bloggers, who have less than 500 Twitter followers
- Ask them eleven new questions
- Let them know about their nominations, so that they can proceed with the award process
- Where is the next place you would love to go?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live and what type of structure would you live in (apartment, mansion, treehouse, etc.) if money didn’t matter?
- Why do you travel?
- Do you have any specific traditions you do when you visit somewhere new? (ie. for myself I have to buy a little souvenir for my souvenir shelf at home)
- What’s your worst hostel/hotel experience?
- What has been your favourite country or city so far?
- Where are you from?
- Would you recommend others to visit where you are from?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- What is the hardest part about traveling for you?
- Whats is the longest amount of time you have been away from home? Do you have a “home” or are you a nomad?