As of right now, I do not feel I can call myself an “environmentalist”…yet. I don’t feel I am knowledgeable enough, qualified enough or even living the proper lifestyle.
I have made a short list of things I want to do/not do in the future, starting in September. Why September? September is when I return to university and live on my own instead of at my parents. It will be a heck of a lot easier then!
- Don’t buy anything new, especially clothing. Buy only from secondhand stores, make things, etc.
-This I started a few weeks ago
- Try the 100 mile diet/eat in-season and local food
- Go back to veganism
- Stop buying from McDonald’s, Wendy’s, etc.
- Go gleaning
- Go dumpster diving! (at least once)
- Get more involved with local organizations
- Keep up to date with environmental news and blogs
There you have it! If you have any other things that you think I should give a go, leave them in the comments. I hope to keep you up to date with my progress each month or so.