This post doesn’t really have anything to do with travel or green living, but hey, it’s my blog…deal with it. 🙂
For the past couple of weeks, I have been doing a huge clear out in my room at my parents house. I found two pages with the title “The Great Discovery”, dated February 6th, 2009. On it there are 10 questions that I answer about my life. I was reading it and it is crazy how much my thinking and answers have changed in the past 5 years.
To give you some perspective, in 2009 I was:
- In grade 11
- Thinking about which university programs I wanted to apply to
- Scared to leave home
- Never travel more than a couple hours from my house…always with my parents
- Very few of my friends inspired me
- “A good Christian”…take this how you will
- Wanting to be rich and successful in business/accounting, preferably a CEO
- Idols were Donald Trump and Robert Herjavec (Canadian Businessman)
Now, in 2014:
- In my final year of university after taking a gap year to travel
- Thinking about what I want to do after graduation
- Bored at home, need adventures!
- Have traveled to 13 countries in the past year
- Have met so many people around the world, and connected more than ever with some at home, who inspire me to do amazing things that I am passionate about
- Have become Agnostic and made my own choices in life, for example became a vegetarian, etc.
- Want to be successful in happiness, experiences and living; preferably start a charity/social enterprise in the future
- Idols are a few previous co-workers, a couple friends, a travel vlogger and a general vlogger
I will save you from reading all of the questions and answers from 2009, but here are a few that stood out, along with my answers now.
What are you doing in 20 years? (I was 16 in 2009, so when I am 36)
If you could spend one day in a library studying anything you wanted, what would you study?
List 10 things you love to do:
If you could spend an hour with any person whoever lived, who would that be? Why that person? What would you ask?
It is so interesting to see how much my thinking and interests have changed in the past 5 years. I am so glad I don’t have my sights set on being a CEO of some evil corporation anymore. I don’t think I would have survived in the corporate world anyway!
Let me know if you have realized any major changed in your life/thinking lately in the comments. I would love to read about them!