For those of you who watch The Walking Dead, or spend any time on social media, you will know that the season finale of Season 4 was a couple of weeks ago. I watched the finale at a friends house and of course I wore my The Walking Dead top and brought a Pizza Bake INTESTINE.
If you want something super easy for the Season 5 premiere, then this recipe* is for you!
*Note: It’s not really a recipe as I made this up from the top of my head and have no idea how to put it into recipe form, but I will try my best!
Ingredients I Used:
- Ready-Made Pastry
- Pizza/Tomato Sauce
- Green Olives
Feel free to use whatever ingredients you like. I kind of did it “Pizza Style”, so you can pretty much use whatever you like to have on pizza.
- Preheat oven to 220 C (or whatever the pastry box says)
- Roll out pastry, cut into large rectangles (my pastry came in one big square, so I cut it in half to get two large rectangles)
- Spread on sauce leaving about 2 cm around the edge
- Sprinkle cheese in the middle
- Chop other ingredients and sprinkle those in the middle
- Pinch long edges together to make a long “tube” shape (AKA “intestine” shape)
- Place in pan all wiggly (like an intestine!) – If you have more than one section like I did then pinch together to form one long intestine
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on pastry brand and how crispy you like the pastry
- When it comes out of the oven paint on the blood using any extra tomato sauce you have left. It looks good if you put it in the cracks between the intestines, on the ends, and random streaks thorough the intestine. Use your imagination!